Thursday, July 21, 2011

I'm so excited... (and a litte nervous)

The first official outing is Saturday morning and it looks like we've got about 15 people coming; mostly family and close friends.  I've made arrangements for a ranger to lead the group around the gardens so that we really get a lot of valuable information. All of the folks coming, except for my mom (of course), have never been so this is a great introduction for them.  My intention for this and future outings is to introduce or re-introduce the rich and FREE natural resources in the Washington DC area to families with young children. I hope to encourage the discovery and appreciation of the natural world right here in the Nation's Capitol. 

It's going to be a hot, muggy morning on Saturday - but we'll have a ball!!

No comments:

Post a Comment